"Do everything with a mind that lets go. Do not expect any praise or reward. If you let go a little, you will have a little peace. If you let go a lot, you will have a lot of peace. If you let go completely, you will know complete peace and freedom. Your struggles with the world will have come to an end."
- Ajahn Chah (via brotherofosiris)
"A testimony to why you are not broken:
1. Clean out your closet. You’ll be shocked to find how little you care for the dress that you fell in love with four months ago. You might even get a good laugh out of it, because you could swear that you must have had no sense of fashion a year ago. Listen to me, you will feel lighter.
2. Stop reserving Tuesday nights for a party of one and wasting away your hours on your knees in the shower with the water running, fully clothed, drinking cheap beer. Go dry off and check out a book, not on self-help, but problems of the Third World. Or if you never liked reading, take the subway. I guarantee you will meet at least one soul you’ll find worth saving. Sometimes it is easier to have hope when helping save someone else.
3. Dare yourself to skip the makeup routine for a day. I promise, your skin has never glowed any brighter. Bare yourself. Today, there are no pretenses tucked perfectly under the arch of your eyebrows or lies coloring your lips red or false identities cracking at the skin. Look in the mirror. Hot damn, you are beautiful.
4. Eat as if it were your last meal. You can spare yourself the extra calories. Men will not love you more if there is less of you. Eat like a queen. Your crown tells of battles won. Adorned with jewels from times you have not been kind to yourself but have lived to tell the tale.
5. It is time you find comfort inside the walls of yourself. Stop sneaking in boys, who cannot love you right, through underground tunnels. You are not Harriet Tubman. You will learn to heal yourself with the hands of faith.
6. When walking down the street, stop, and send prayers of thanks for having feet. It’s the little things that keep you going. Be thankful for your extra kidney. There is someone out there you can provide for if need be.
7. Stop romanticizing the demons inside you. Cast them out and change the lock on your door. Let the wind woo your heart, it’ll carry you to places unseen. You do not need wings to fly.
8. Trust me when I say you are not broken. Trust yourself."
- Last night I donated all my clothes. I only have three drawers of clothing and one drawer of underwear. I walked through the poorest sections of my town. I didn’t wear make up for the first time in a long time. I ate past my limit. I am not seeking for love from those who do not know what love is. I have learned to thank my body instead of picking at what society stresses beauty. I am learning to trust myself. I can not be broken this easily. I can honestly say I am doing better | s.j.k (via tiredthumpings-of-a-little-bird)
"The greatest gift you can give someone is the space to be his or herself, without the threat of you leaving."
- Kai, Lessons in Life #39 (via modernise)
"Telling someone they can’t be sad because others have it worse is like saying someone can’t be happy because others have it better."
- Unknown (via quotestuff)
"Your body is the house you grew up in, how dare you try to burn it to the ground."
- Sierra Demulder (via neonchills)
"The scariest moment is always just before you start."
- Stephen King, On Writing (via observando)